Reports to: CFO, working closely with Chief of Staff
The Controller is responsible for all of the day-to-day accounting and HR operations. Responsibilities include all QuickBooks transactions and reporting, invoicing and SaaS and services revenue management, ordering supplies, paying expenses and accounts receivable/payable management. The position will coordinate all employee onboarding, act as HR liaison and coordinate the employee review, recognition and engagement programs. This person will need to be a self-starter with a willingness to work through ad-hoc administrative tasks as assigned.
Reporting to the CFO and working closely with the Chief of Staff, the Controller will have experience in accounting, revenue recognition and CRM software, with proficiency in financial reporting and advanced skills in excel.
The role requires a thorough understanding of the organization and its operations. This position provides a high level of service to our client partners and employees while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete monthly, quarterly and annual closings and financial reporting
- Log or manage company expenses in QuickBooks, Bill.com and Expensify and ensure a clear and transparent paper trail is in place for all financial transactions
- Manage payroll and benefits administration
- Invoice new and renewal contracts
- Assist with Annual Budgeting process as well as periodic reforecasting
- Work with our sales team and our partners on procurement issues / vendor forms / supplier registrations.
- Manage the employee onboarding process and assist in administrative tasks associated with hiring/termination of employees and open enrollment (change forms, DOL-800 forms, offer letters, etc.).
- Manage on-going Employee Recognition Program - quarterly/annual awards, work anniversaries and birthdays, company gifts and events and learning dollars while adhering to an annual budget.
- Organize and maintain HR records, electronic and paper, ensuring complete accuracy and confidentiality.
- Ensure job descriptions and employee policies are up to date and maintain and improve upon our internal employee website.
- Oversee the quarterly and annual review process.
- Ad hoc administrative and other duties as assigned (1099s, working with tax accountants, annual filings, etc.).
Experience, Qualifications, and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role
- Thorough understanding of GAAP and ability to apply those principals
- Ability to accurately analyze, interpret, summarize, and present financial information
- Extremely proficient in all Microsoft Office Suite applications, especially Excel
- Ability to work in a fast, multi-task environment while balancing strategic, tactical and analytical responsibilities
- Team player with the confidence to present a professional and positive demeanor with internal and external partners
- Ability to collaborate and support the team on projects and initiatives
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- High attention to detail
Founded in 2015, StudentBridge is fast becoming the leading partner to colleges and universities that are looking to Identify, Engage and Convert new students through the power of digital marketing.
Through our suite of rich-engagement products, we have helped over 300 partner schools maximize their online presence and provide the data and analytics to track and deliver success. We help students better understand their education choices and find the right fit.
Based out of northwest Atlanta, GA (ITP), the office atmosphere is fun, but professional. Casual, but goal orientated. We operate a hybrid remote working environment, encouraging saving in office time to collaboration and learning. We are motivated by success, both year-on-year and longer term as we march towards our ultimate vision of being the #1 resource for colleges and students to find the perfect match.
We invest in our people and are committed to supporting and career-pathing our team members to brighter futures. We suit entrepreneurially minded individuals that are dedicated to go the extra mile in order to crush their own goals, while working as a team mate to help others. A passion for problem solving, innovating and driving change are all valuable character qualities.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary and Benefit plans
- A hybrid remote/in-office work schedule, with planned collaboration/innovation days
- An enjoyable working environment within a motivated team from our northwest Atlanta tech-style offices
- Career planning and growth
- Healthcare Plan including health/dental/vision insurance
- 401K Plan
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Lunch subsidy
- Free college education!
- Team events and perks
- Making an impact in the world for students everywhere
Note: The responsibilities of this position are not limited to those listed above and the employee may be asked to perform additional duties. This job description may be changed at the discretion of the employer. The employee will be notified if such changes occur.
Send your resume to email@example.com to start the process today!