Digital Advertising Sales Executive - Teen Ink
Department: Teen Ink Sales
Reports to: Editor-in-Chief
Job Type: Full-time employment, Remote working option.
Teen Ink, a website and national teen magazine devoted entirely to teenage writing, art, and photos, is seeking a passionate, self-driven salesperson. The Sales Executive is responsible for all aspects of new lead/prospect acquisition for online web and digital marketing sales partnerships primarily over the phone and by email. Core responsibilities include prospecting, relationship development and message delivery to close sales. In this role, expect to own and create new prospect creation alone or in collaboration with sales and marketing resources. Candidates create positive relationships with stakeholders while maintaining a solid knowledge of Teen Ink’s online platforms. It is imperative that you demonstrate personal drive, tireless persistence, ethical behavior, and self-motivation.
We’re looking for an experienced sales professional with past success in digital sales, magazines, or directories. Our platform has value to any brand or company looking to engage an artistic teen audience, so predominantly colleges, summer programs, art/photography suppliers, and national businesses of all sizes targeted towards an authentic, high achieving and engaged Gen Z audience.
The ideal candidate has a history of bringing in new prospects, hitting quotas and loves the challenges that come with outbound prospecting in a competitive market.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Generation of new leads with the intention of creating more sales/revenue
- Appointment scheduling, preparation, and presentation to prospects
- Initial and post-meeting follow-up and keeping records
- Maintaining positive customer relationships
- Cultivate relationships with supporting members of the sales and marketing team
- Must have the comfort level to make cold calls and solicitations
- Experience in a work from home environment
Experience, Qualifications and Requirements
- Experience in B2B, digital, magazines, or directories sales
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Motivation, perseverance, and determination qualities
- An aptitude for research and analysis
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Excellent communication/presentation skills and ability to build relationships
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Enthusiastic and passionate
- Self-starter that works well in teams and synergetic environments
About Teen Ink
Teen Ink magazine features work submitted by teens, for teens. From book reviews to personal stories, and from photography to watercolors, these submissions include some of the most thoughtful and creative work generated by teens who share a passion for creative expression. For over 31 years, Teen Ink has been a space for teens, ages 13-19, to let their voices be heard. Teachers have used the magazine and website as a great supplement to their curriculum and a way to encourage their students to write and create more often. Teen Ink is a helpful resource to improve teens’ reading and writing skills while providing them with a worldwide community of other readers, writers and artists to learn from. Advertisers can trust that their messages are surrounded by compelling content and reach academically inclined teens that will inevitably become the next generation of buying power in the US. Based out of Atlanta, GA, the office atmosphere is fun, but professional. Casual, but goal oriented.
Teen Ink is a portfolio asset of StudentBridge Media, our specialist division focused on providing StudentBridge technology customers a wider marketing and content distribution footprint, to drive great awareness and propsective student traffic to their virtual experiences.
- Base pay: $50-60K + compensation based on successful sales
- Full benefits
- On-target earnings pay structure
- Career advancement
Send your resume to email@example.com to start the process today! We will contact qualified candidates for a preliminary Zoom interview.