Lead Video Producer
Department: Creative Services
Reports to: Video Production Team Lead
StudentBridge is seeking to hire a full-time, experienced video production professional. The ideal candidate will represent StudentBridge while traveling to film at our partner’s college and university campuses across the country. The Lead Producer will conduct student and faculty interviews, identify areas where B-roll is needed to support the interviews and communicate those needs to the associate producer. The Lead Producer will be responsible for ensuring all necessary content has been captured and will collaborate with our partners to accomplish this and make sure all expectations are exceeded. A positive attitude, outgoing personality, creative mind, critical thinking, and a speedy work ethic are essential to succeeding in this role.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Travel to and lead video shoots at various college campuses as needed.
- Work closely with the Project Management team on schedules and detailed plans to maximize time on site.
- Manage the video production team, including the associate producer, to make sure everything runs smoothly including being on-time with the right equipment.
- Clearly understand the partner goals and key messages to ensure the right footage is captured while on site.
- Lead interviews with staff, faculty, and students to acquire the needed video content.
- Gather B-roll and other footage to showcase the college campus and enhance the quality of the delivered video content.
- Ensure all waivers and other paperwork is signed off-on and stored correctly.
- Edit captured content and update After Effects templates for intros, outros, and lower third graphics to match client branding.
- Edits must effectively convey key messages, be completed quickly, and get timely approvals from the partner.
- Support any additional edits, changes, or partner requests to complete projects on-time and on-budget.
Experience, Qualifications, and Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience as videographer/editor
- Bachelor's degree a plus
- Demo reel and/or portfolio must be submitted along with your resume
- References will be required during the interview process
- Proven proficiency in Premier Pro and After Effects
- Basic understanding of encoding and Adobe Media Encoder
- Basic color correction
- Firm understanding of color temperature and lighting
- Firm understanding of Sony mirrorless cameras
- Understanding of white balance and camera exposure
- Knowledge of lenses, focal lengths, and best applications
- Knowledge of wireless microphones and how to mic interviewees
- Understanding of gimbal operation
- Must be personable, empathetic, patient, encouraging -- the soft skills that draw the best answers from nervous interviewees
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Professionalism when managing partner expectations
- Ability to visualize B-roll sequences based on interview answers that accurately represent the messaging
- Ability to consistently edit 120 sec. of engaging video per day that conveys specific messaging
- Ability to direct non-professionals while capturing B-roll of them
- Physically capable of enduring long shoot days carrying production equipment around on foot
Founded in 2015, StudentBridge is the leading provider of customized digital engagement solutions. Our virtual experience specialists have created award-winning digital solutions that have helped over 250 colleges and universities achieve their enrollment goals.
We work collaboratively with each institution to understand their specific objectives to develop unique and completely customized digital solutions to engage with students and drive conversion at every stage of the funnel.
Now more than ever, prospective and admitted students are looking online to make college decisions. StudentBridge helps schools make a good first impression by showcasing all that the school offers through video Viewbooks, interactive campus maps, and immersive virtual events.
Based out of Atlanta, GA, the office atmosphere is fun, but professional. Casual, but goal oriented. We are motivated by success, both year-on-year and longer term as we march towards our ultimate vision for every student to find the perfect fit and every school to fill every seat.
- A fun work environment with a motivated team at our Atlanta offices
- Competitive salary
- 15 days of PTO in the first year that increases with tenure
- Paid holidays
- Premium healthcare plan that includes health/dental/vision insurance
- 401k plan with company match
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Team events and perks
Note: The responsibilities of this position are not limited to those listed above and the employee may be asked to perform additional duties. This job description may be changed at the discretion of the employer. The employee will be notified if such changes occur.
Send your resume and demo reel or portfolio to email@example.com to start the process today!