Software Engineering Manager
Reports To: VP Technology
It’s an exciting time at StudentBridge! We are passionate about delivering a service that matters to the education industry and we are investing in our products and people. We are seeking passionate contributors who thrive in an open and collaborative environment.
Our recent growth has created new market opportunities and our expanding team has grown to a size where we seek an established leader to help drive the company to the next level. We are challenged in continually advancing the company from a custom development agency to a leading software as a service (SaaS) solution provider.
Summary of Position
As a Software Engineering Manager you will be responsible for managing a team of software engineers which creates and delivers StudentBridge’s suite of student engagement solutions. You will be empowered to have end-to-end ownership for your areas including design, code, test, and telemetry coverage. You’ll partner with the StudentBridge Product Management team and other key functions to deliver solutions which engage and inform prospective and current students and deliver results to StudentBridge’s customers.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead high-performing engineering team to design and build the next generation of the StudentBridge engagement platform leveraging cloud technologies and predictive analytics
- Hire, coach, and mentor individuals; strengthening a strong cross-functional organization
- Architect and build scalable software solutions
- Build and manage software delivery and systems integration
- Work with business teams to ensure strategic alignment
- Plan and lead technology evaluation for various critical areas
- Manage geographically distributed engineering scrum teams using agile development and DevOps best practices
- Bring innovative ideas to the table every day to find better ways of accomplishing our customer objectives. Set clear, measurable quality goals for an organization in a data-driven way
- Foster a culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
- 7+ years of experience in software development
- Experience with building systems from scratch and putting them into production
- Prior experience in developing, debugging, test automation and maintaining code
- Curiosity with a desire to continuously learn, share and collaborate to improve yourself, and your teammates
- Ability to effectively share technical information, communicate technical issues and solutions to all levels of business
- Able to juggle multiple projects - can identify primary and secondary objectives, prioritize time and communicate timeline to team members
- Ability and desire to take product/project ownership
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year college or university
- 3+ years of managing software development teams
- Significant technical understanding of some of the following:
- Frontend Web Development
- Backend web development with Python, Node.Js, or Java
- Cloud Technologies
- Cloud Infrastructure Automation
- Test Driven Development
- Predictive Analytics
- Knowledge of modern system architecture patterns
Founded in 2015, StudentBridge is fast becoming the leading partner to colleges and universities that are looking to attract and enroll prospective students across digital channels, specifically through the power of personalized virtual experiences.
Through our suite of rich-engagement products, we help over 260 partner schools maximize their online presence and provide the data and analytics to track and deliver success. We help students better understand their education choices and find the “right fit.”
Based out of Atlanta, GA, our tech-inspired office atmosphere is fun, but professional. Casual, but goal orientated. We are motivated by success, both year-on-year and longer term as we march towards our ultimate vision of being the #1 resource for colleges and students to find the perfect match.
What We Offer
- A hybrid remote/in-office work schedule, with planned collaboration/innovation days
- An enjoyable working environment within a motivated team from our Atlanta tech-style offices
- Competitive Salary and Benefit plans
- Career Planning and Growth
- Healthcare Plan including health/dental/vision insurance
- 401K Plan
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Team Events and Perks
- All employees are required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID
Note: The responsibilities of this position are not limited to those listed above and the employee may be asked to perform additional duties. This job description may be changed at the discretion of the employer. The employee will be notified if such changes occur.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to start the process today!